Whet Foundation’s Destination Donations collects widely used, simple materials for non-profit organizations in the destinations Whet Travel services. Items needed depend on the beneficiary, and may include clothing, shoes, bed sheets, toiletries, school supplies, or educational materials.
If you’re interested in donating items to a Destination Donation, read below for a list of opportunities. With questions on the process or to send goods via mail, contact Reed at Reed@v2rgroup.com
Groove Cruise LA 2014 – October 2nd - October 5th
Los Angeles, CA to Catalina Island & Ensenada, Mexico
Whet Foundation will provide packed backpacks to children at the Ciudad de Angeles orphanage in Ensenada, Mexico. Ciudad de Angeles provides a safe & healthy environment for orphaned, abandoned, abused and needy children living in Mexico.
WANT TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE?
A. Donation bins will be available at the Captain’s Desk while you board Groove Cruise LA 2014
B. Bins will be marked “DESTINATION DONATIONS”
C. Accepted items include:
1. Backpacks for school
2. Girls’ Clothing
- Black dress flats, up to US size 10
- White tennis shoes, US sizes 5 ‐ 8
- Bras: sizes 32 ‐38; training bras, sports bras
- Underwear: up to adult size 7
- White, cotton, button up blouses for school (all sizes)
- Socks – long, white, knee‐high dress socks (all sizes)
3. Boys’ Clothing
- Casual slacks for school: black, waste sizes 8 – 16; gray / beige / blue, sizes 28 ‐ 32
- Boxer undershorts for boys, 12-18 years
- Black dress shoes, US sizes 6-11
- Solid white tennis shoes, US sizes 6–11
- Bath soap
- tooth paste
- bath sponges
WANT TO JOIN THE WHET TEAM TO DELIVER THE ITEMS IN ENSENADA?
A. Item delivery schedule will be available the week of the cruise
B. Each team member will carry a packed backpack off the ship to donate to a child at the orphanage
C. Comfortable clothing & footwear is suggested for the trip
D. Transportation will be provided
A portion of all sales go to the Whet Foundation!
Whet Foundation was conceived to develop the leaders of tomorrow through programs and initiatives centered on positive involvement in the community, and in one’s self. By completing the goals set forth by the Whet Foundation in its’ programs and initiatives, youth participants can earn exciting experiences granted by Whet Foundation. Program graduates are rewarded with a once-in-a lifetime travel experience in collaboration with further leadership programming.
Whet Foundation’s mission is twofold:
1) To positively affect deserving kids in the destinations in which the clients of Whet Travel visit.
2) To develop its ‘Community Captains’ program in South Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico for underprivileged children ages 10-14.
Community Captains accomplish specific community improvement goals and develop leadership qualities.
For all info, please see www.WhetFoundation.org